Have a nice day, Miami folks! Carlos Hernandez here with your brand new Miami Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
A few showers. High: 80 Low: 72.
Here are the best stories in Miami today:
1. No more scooters: the Miami City Commission voted this week for terminate the multiannual program this allowed companies to place electric scooters in different parts of the city. Public transport advocates said the scooters were helping residents travel between public transport stops and their destinations, but critics said the scooters were a traffic danger. (NBC Miami)
2. One south florida doctor is aaccused of selling prescriptions for Xanax, Viagra and hydrocodone to an undercover informant, according to the authorities. Mark Alan Zager, 72 of South Miami was arrested this week on 5 counts including possession with intent to sell controlled substances, fraudulent prescription of a controlled substance, and possession of a drug without a prescription. (WFTV)
3. Miami City Commissioner Ken Russell allocated Up to $ 1.1 million district 2 American rescue plan funding provide a payment of bonuses to city employees who provided essential activities throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. An average payment of approximately $ 1,000 will be made to over 940 municipal employees. (Miami Patch)
4. University of Miami (UM) law students with the IFlorida Innocence Project aid to exonerate a wrongfully convicted person jacksonville man. Eighteen students have worked on the case over the past five years. The Innocence Clinic at UM Law School is the Florida State Law School’s only clinic dedicated to this work. (CBS Miami)
5. The Vice City chapter of the Proud Boys issued a thinly veiled threat former ruler Enrique “Henry” Tarrio on Telegram, according to Miami’s new times. Tarrio recently requested compassionate release from prison in Washington, a rrequest that was refused through Judge Jonathan H. Pittman. Tarrio’s family said Miami’s new times they or they don’t fear threats from the Vice City Proud Boys and I want it at home. (Miami’s new times)
Today in Miami:
- Farmer’s market in the village of Vizcaya – Biscay Museum and Gardens. (9:00 a.m.)
- Free mini family photoshoots in Wynwood (9:00 a.m.)
- Overlap the underline – Bike Walk Coral Gables. (10:00 AM)
- Winterfest® Family Fun Day presented by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. (10:00 AM)
- Nutcracker. (1:00 p.m.)
Miami Patch Notebook
- Miami-Dade Parks: Mayor Daniella Levine Cava, alongside Commissioner Raquel Regalado and Director Maria Nardi, recently inaugurated the second phase of improvements at Chapman Field. 🚜 Phase two will consist of the reconstruction of baseball field No. 1 ⚾️ … (Facebook)
- Miami-Dade Public Library System: “#OurCounty is hiring, including at #MDPLS! We are hiring for Library Page, Library Media Project Specialist, Library Media Project Instructor, Library Tutor and Librarian 2 (Cataloger) positions. For job descriptions and for app … ” (Facebook)
- Miami-Dade Parks: “SUNDAY🦃 We have teamed up with Commissioner Kionne L. McGhee, Minorities Against Injustice and the Kendall Police Department to host a free turkey giveaway to Sgt. Delancy Park. Join us for our packed Thanksgiving Fun Day event. of … “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed! See you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats culinary blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contributes to several newspapers and magazines with blogs and articles related to food.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miami Daily? Contact me at [email protected]