Erectile dysfunction (ED) is not a rare phenomenon. Over 53% of the male population suffers from erectile dysfunction at some point in their lives. The risks of developing erectile dysfunction or erectile dysfunction symptoms only increase with age. In fact, there is a 10% increase in risk when a man is between 40 and 70 years old. Most men who suffer from erectile dysfunction treat it with medication, such as generic Viagra or generic Cialis available from IQDoctor. However, there are also other ways to treat it.
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by a wide range of issues. Stress, depression, anxiety, nerve signaling deficits, medication side effects, hormonal disorders, alcohol abuse, smoking, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease are common causes of erectile dysfunction. From a biological point of view, it is caused by the constriction of blood vessels. This makes it harder for blood to flow to the lower regions of the body, which makes it harder to maintain an erection. It is not uncommon for people with erectile dysfunction to also have some sort of underlying health condition. A meta-analysis of 25 studies showed that men who have been diagnosed with erectile dysfunction have a 59% higher risk of coronary heart disease and a 34% higher risk of stroke compared to men without symptoms of dysfunction. erectile.
The plant-based diet and veganism have become very popular and many claims have been made that they can help with erectile dysfunction. Research shows that this is indeed the case. A healthy plant-based diet has a huge impact on overall health and carries over to sexual health. In this blog, we explore how a plant-based diet helps men maintain a healthy erection.
Herbal diet for ED
Most medical professionals agree that a man’s overall health plays a major role in determining whether he will experience erectile dysfunction. The best way to maintain optimal health and avoid erectile dysfunction is to eat a healthy diet, and research has shown that a plant-based diet is a big part of that.
In a recent study of the diets of 2,549 people aged 41 to 64, researchers compared a healthy plant-based diet with a less healthy diet containing refined grains and packaged foods high in sugars. The data suggests that the plant-based diet was associated with a lower risk of erectile dysfunction.
A lack of blood flow is often the cause of erectile dysfunction, and it stems from health issues related to clogged arteries that can be caused by too much fat in the diet. A healthy diet that is free of saturated fats and cholesterol from animal sources can improve circulatory health, leading to better blood flow. Additionally, vegetables like leafy greens and beets are some examples of foods that naturally contain nitrates. These nutrients are essential for lowering blood pressure and increasing blood flow, which leads to better erections.
Foods That Promote Healthy Erections
Some foods are more than enough to replace the increasingly accessible and cheap Viagra. In fact, these foods can be preventative to ward off erectile dysfunction. As stated earlier, in most cases the key is blood circulation, and these foods help to improve it.
- Blackberries. Research has found that eating flavonoid-rich foods daily reduces the risk of erectile dysfunction. Flavonoids are found in blackberries in six distinct forms.
- Watermelon. L-citrulline, which is contained in watermelon, has been shown in animal studies to help erectile dysfunction by stimulating blood flow. It also includes lycopene, which is good for your heart, which is important if your erectile dysfunction is caused by something else.
- Salad. Spinach contains a lot of folic acid, a type of vitamin B9 found in nature. According to research, men with erectile dysfunction usually have insufficient levels of folic acid.
- Groats. Oatmeal includes the non-essential amino acid L-arginine, which can help improve erections by relaxing the muscle walls of blood vessels and increasing blood flow.
- Pistachios. Pistachios are rich in antioxidants, which could aid blood circulation.
- Pomegranate juice. This juice contains antioxidants that increase nitric oxide levels, which can help with erectile dysfunction.
- Lawyer. Avocados are high in zinc, which can help boost testosterone levels.
- Bananas. Bananas contain a lot of flavonoids and are rich in potassium. Consuming meals rich in flavonoids in the diet can help reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Fish. Most forms of fish contain omega-3 fatty acids, which can help improve blood circulation and therefore erections. Salmon, mussels, sardines, trout, etc. are among the species rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Pepper. Hot peppers help you get a better erection by stimulating blood flow.
Foods to Avoid
While some foods can improve your erectile function, others can have the opposite effect. You should moderate the consumption of sugary drinks and alcoholic beverages, soy products and alcoholic ice cream.
Lifestyle Changes for ED
- Stay hydrated.
- Eat a well-balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain healthy body mass
- Make an effort to regulate your stress.
- Maintain good sleeping habits.
- Avoid smoking.
Other treatments for erectile dysfunction
A plant-based diet or healthy diet in general goes a long way in determining your quality of life. Especially as you age, it becomes even more important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. All healthy habits help reduce the chances of developing erectile dysfunction, but if the root cause is not addressed, you can still suffer from erectile dysfunction symptoms even while maintaining a healthy diet. Therefore, it is recommended to seek professional help. Your instinct may be to just buy generic Viagra or Spedra, but you should see a doctor first. Erectile dysfunction can be due to underlying health issues that may require other treatments or psychological issues that require therapy. Only a doctor can find out the exact cause and, if he considers it necessary, he will prescribe the drug. These may include Cialis (tadalafil), Viagra (sildenafil) or Levitra (vardenafil).